Welcome to Social Work
The Factor—Inwentash Faculty of Social Work at the University of Toronto is distinguished by its emphasis on the integration of research and practice in both the classroom and its practicum education. As the oldest school of social work in Canada, the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work has been on the cutting edge of education, policy, research and practice for more than 90 years.
News and Announcements
- Prof. Ramona Alaggia reflects on the meaning and 'call to action' of December 6th
- Prof. Bogo receives CSWE Significant Lifetime Achievement in Social Work Education Award
- Ali Burke, MSW 2009, cycling from Alaska to Argentina raising money for Canadian Mental Health Association
- Prof. Logie receives Eastern Michigan University award and lectures on intersectional stigma
- Ph.D. Candidate, Samantha Yee presented with two awards for dissertation findings
- Prof. Hulchanski and research team op-ed about quality of NHS income data released by Globe and Mail
- CITY Leaders participants thank United Way and UofT for the program with surprise YouTube post
- Dr. Morton presentation, making more sense out of evidence-based practice
- Ph.D. Student, Nick Doukas, research spotlight concerning seniors and Methadone Maintenance
- Ph.D. Student, Raluca Bejan, co-directs short film selected for Toronto Urban Film Festival
- Prof. Craig CIHR funded for Affirmative Coping Skills Training to Reduce HIV/AIDS Risk for Sexual Minority Youth: An Open Pilot Feasibility Study
- Profs. Newman and Logie systematic review of HPV vaccine acceptability among men featured in media
- Prof. Sakamoto & Team influences ON Human Rights Commission's new policy on Canadian experience barrier
- Deborah S. Berlin-Romalis (MSW 1998) and Adjunct Practice instructor will be presenting at TEDxToronto 2013
- Professors Cheryl Regehr & Marion Bogo author JSWE Best Qualitative Article of 2012, "Identifying Student Competencies in Macro Practice: Articulating the Practice Wisdom of Field Instructors".
- Prof. Emeritus Ben Schlesinger presented at Fairlawn 'Meet the Profs Speakers Series'
- FIFSW ranked amongst top 5 colleges/universities publication productivity in 6 major SW journals
- High Praise for Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work from Accreditation Review